.

<>

China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, Luxe and Lush


Time for another nail polish review! 

Both China Glaze's Smoke and Ashes and Luxe and Lush are from its Hunger Games collection. The former is a black polish with very fine greenish blue microglittets. The latter is a top coat with color shifting opal-esque duochrome flakies. 

I layered a coat of Luxe and Lush over 2 coats of Smoke and Ashes and this is how it looks:




Below: Luxe and Lush on the left, Smoke and Ashes on the right


Below is a swatch of 1 coat of Smoke and Ashes (upclose shot): 



Consistency and Colour

Luxe and Lush was a bit lumpy and thick. I experienced difficulties trying to apply an even coat. This was made worse when I wanted the flakies to spread out evenly. But I love the color shifting rainbow-ish flakies that came in different shapes and sizes. I can haz blingz blingz in da sun!

I could only spot the greenish blue microglitters of Smoke and Ashes very close up (6 inches away). From far, it just looks like black or very dark gunmetal grey polish. Smoke and Ashes was a bit streaky but that was quickly fixed with the second coat. 




I applied a layer of Daiso Gel Look Top Coat which turned frosty white after application. Mega fail so I had to redo all my nails! Le sigh. 

Anyone had success with Daiso's Gel Look Top Coat? Any other awesome flakies to recommend?
Previous
Next Post »