.

<>

Banila Co CC Cushion vs. Innisfree Long Wear Cushion

I decided to jump on the BB Cushion bandwagon late last year (which is considered pretty late) and I got hooked. I really love how fuss-free and quick my makeup routine became. I will compare 2 of my favourite cushion pacts today - the Banila Co it Radiant CC Cushion in shade BE10 and the Innisfree Long Wear Cushion in shade #21. The Banila Co it Radiant CC Cream is highly raved so read on to find out if the cushion is as good as the cream!

Packaging

Both came with a refill pack that is sealed. The Innisfree cushion is slightly slimmer and less bulky. Refilling is also easy with a simple push-and-pop, like most BB cushion pacts. Recently, I noticed some difficulty closing my Innisfree cushion. Previously, I just had to gently shut it and it clicks tightly. Now, after a few weeks of usage, i have to use some force to shut it tightly. My theory is that the puff has expanded over time and thus is unable to fit in the pact as well. Strangely, this only happens with my Innisfree cushion. The casings for both cushions are not interchangeable and they are not compatible with Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion refill too - so for those who are thinking of buying the refill only to save some bucks - unfortunately you cannot.

The cushion puff

As pictured below, the Banila's puff is beige and the Innisfree's puff is dark blue (like the cushion puffs from Laneige, IOPE etc). The texture of the Banila's puff is not as smooth and soft as the Innisfree's puff but I can hardly notice any difference while dabbing it on my face. Both puffs also picked out a fair amount of product. In terms of durability, I think both can last pretty well without much wear and tear. I took the photo below after using both puffs regularly for 4 weeks, so you can see they are still pretty much  in good shape. 


The swatches

I bought the Banila's Co CC Cushion in BE10 (Light Beige) which was the lightest shade available. It has a semi dewy finish which is crazy popular amongst the koreans. They love the moisture-rich plump look that appears glowy but not oily. Application was a breeze and it felt very light and moisturising. My only gripe is that its not sufficiently pigmented so several applications are required in order to achieve full coverage. 

The Innisfree's cushion appeared darker and more yellow as I got it in shade #21 (Natural Beige) which was the second lightest shade. I was in a full blown dilemma when deciding if I should buy the #13 (Light Beige) or this, but I decided on this shade after reading reviews that claim Innisfree's shades run a little lighter than the usual korean shades.


Oil-control

As expected, the Innisfree cushion won in terms of oil control as it was meant to be a "summer" cushion - perfect for scorching hot and humid days. It has a semi matte finish but did not appear cakey with about 2 applications. For those living near the equator like me, this cushion is great if you do not want to end up looking like an oil slick mid-day. I wore this the entire day and did not feel a need to touch up. As for the Banila's cushion, i wore it out at night or when the weather is rainy and cooling, or on days when I wanted to look natural and dewy.

Smell & SPF

Like most Innisfree's products, there's a slight minty herbal smell which isn't overpowering. Some may not fancy it but I absolutely LOVE it! The Banila Co cushion smells like a field of fresh tulips - not cloying but super refreshing. Weirdly enough, for BB Cushions with SPF 50+/PA +++ (Innisfree, Laneige Pore Control) they tend to smell metallic when I go out in the sun. Not sure if I am the only one experiencing this. I guess it may be due to the oxidation of the sunscreen filters. Correct me if I'm wrong. I did not experience this when I wore the Banila Cushion (SPF 35/ PA++) out in the sun. Hence, this once again reinforces my theory. It is not an unpleasant smell, quite bearable but I would definitely prefer something odourless.

Price

Banila Co CC Cushion + refill - SGD 33.90 + 1.90 (Shipping) - from Qoo10 
Innisfree Long Wear Cushion + refill - SGD 25.90 + 1.90 (Shipping) - from Qoo10 

Will I repurchase?

I would probably not buy the Innisfree Long Wear Cushion again as I didn't like the smell (when exposed to the sun) but I'm tempted to try out the Water Glow version of it. I might buy more BB Cushions with SPF50++ to test out my theory (or try to get some samples in case I really am unable to tolerate the smell). I will repurchase the Banila cushion once I finish my refill - just wished it had better coverage! For those who worry SPF 35 is insufficient, my advice is to touch up more frequently or to apply a thin layer of sunblock before applying the CC Cushion.

Previous
Next Post »