.

<>

Heroine Make Eye Makeup Workshop


I was very excited when I got invited to attend the eye makeup workshop by reknown japanese brand Heroine Make. The makeup artist (Violet Chan from The Style Atelier) was very professional and she managed to engage all of us very well. 

                

TIP #1
Violet provided very useful makeup tips - like how to draw your eyebrows according to your face shape. A rounder face would require an angled eyebrow with a higher arch. This means that if your face is slightly round, you should not be drawing the korean straight brow even though it is the 'IN' thing right now.

TIP #2
Also, she taught me something that I did not already know! That is, your eyes should be one eye width apart. Measure it with your fingers and if it is wider than that, you have wide-set eyes. For those with wide-set eyes, you should NOT be lengthening your eyeliner on the outer corners (i.e. no winged tips). Instead, you should apply eyeliner at the inner corner of your eyes (near your tear ducts). If your eyes are close to each other, you have close-set eyes and you can feel free to elongate your eyeliner outwards to create bigger eyes. 

TIP #3
Another tip is to draw your eyeliner before drawing your brows! In that way, if you elongate your eye with a winged tip, you will know how much to elongate your brows beyond your eyeliner in order to achieve balance.

TIP #4
If you have droopy eyes, you should make your eyes look livelier by flicking your eyeliner upwards. You should try to achieve the cat-eye look. Of course, do not make it too dramatic by extending your eyeliner upwards excessively. Refer to the photo below if you do not get what I mean.

TIP #5
If you want to achieve the adorable puppy doe-eye look as seen on many japanese and korean female celebrities, your eyeliner should NOT be flicked upwards. Instead, it should go slightly downwards but do not go beyond your lower lash line. Draw the outer corners of your lower lash line and extend it such that it converges with the eyeliner, forming a triangle. If you still do not understand, please refer to the image below.



Each of us had a set of Heroine Make makeup products testers in front of us, a mirror and cleansing tools. We were also given a free mascara as a welcome door gift!


In this post, I will be reviewing Heroine Make's eyeshadow palettes! I will review their masacara and eyeliner in a separate post. 

There are a total of 4 different palettes and I happily swatched all of them.


The above palette named "04 Rose Garnet" features a creamy shimmery white/translucent highlighter, a peachy gold powder, a reddish brown less shimmery powder, and a dark brown matte shadow (clockwise order). I swatched only 1 coat and the colour payoff is very commendable. 

 

Pictured above is the "03 Pink Amethyst" palette which features the same shimmery white/translucent highlighter, a light gold powder, a shimmery sweet pale pink powder and (i suspect) the same dark brown powder (clockwise order). The pale pink is very feminine - great for a date night! Also, this palette would be perfect for fair skin ladies!


 

"02 Beige Gold" palette which I've swatched above is mainly made up of browns/neutral tones. Once again, there is the same shimmery white/translucent highlighter, a pale nudish bronze powder, and the same medium brown matte powder. This palette will be great for the smoky eye look, definitely wearable for party nights!

 

The fourth and final palette is "01 Yellow Gold" which is suitable for tanned/darker skin tone ladies.The first and last colours are the same as the above palettes I've swatched. The second colour is a light pale gold shimmery powder and the third is a yellowish gold powder. I think of cleopatra when I see this palette. 


I was famished so I helped myself to a plateful of food, catered from Stamford Catering. The food was good! My favourites are the brownie and the BBQ chicken wings!


There was a photobooth set up and an unlimited instaprint station. Just hashtag #myfavouriteeyeliner your photo, upload on your public instagram account, and collect your prints instantaneously! Below are some of my super pretty instaprints! 


I also received a goodie bag worth $40! Here's a peek at what's inside the bag... 






Finally, I end off with a selfie (yes, my first selfie since I started this blog). Here, I applied the reddish brown powder from Heroine Make's "04 Rose Garnet" palette along my creases and the white/translucent highlighter along my brow bone. I love my brows which was drawn using the famous "MISSHA The Style Perfect Auto Eyebrow Pencil" (which I shall review in time to come) in grey brown. I love how my brow colour looks so natural! It is super affordable too. You can buy it here for only S$6.40. I was also wearing the "Innisfree Long Wear Cushion" which I have reviewed here, and my favourite Etude House Fresh Cherry Lip Tint which I've reviewed previously here.



Have you tried Heroine Make's makeup products before? Let me know if you love them like I do!




Previous
Next Post »