.

<>

Innisfree Orchid Enriched Cream Review

Been a long while since I posted a review on a skincare product so here goes!
I have been using this cream religiously for more than a month now.

.
Image Credits: www.innisfreeworld.com

Description on Innisfree’s website:

[Anti-aging cream made with Jeju orchid offering you a younger and healthier skin]

1. The precious Orchid Elixir™A superior antioxidant ingredient extracted from the Jeju orchid makes skin glow and radiant while strengthening its self-protective power.

2. All-in-one care from wrinkle, elasticity, brightening and nourishing With full nourishment, it tightens the skin, reducing wrinkles and brightening the overall skin tone.

Skin-type: Innisfree states that it is suitable for all skin-types. I have combination skin (oily on my T-zone and dry cheeks) and I would apply the Innisfree Orchid Enriched Cream on my entire face EXCEPT my T-zone. This cream would be a dream for those with dry skin-types and also for mature ageing skin. For oily skin types, I would suggest patch testing using a sample first.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Arbutin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Adenosine, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, The green Tea Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Pea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Phenyl Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Kaolin, Polysilicone-11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Jeju Orchid Extract 250mg)

5-free system : parabens, animal-originated ingredients, mineral oil, synthetic colorants, imidazolidinyl urea

Comments on Notable Ingredients: Arbutin – great for whitening. Green Tea Extract – great for calming troubled skin. Squalane and Dimethicone flagged out on cosDNA.com as acne-triggering however these are common emollients used extensively in most skincare products (nothing much to worry in my view). One very interesting ingredient that piqued my interest is the Prickly Pear Extract. From my research, I gathered that the Prickly Pear Extract is THE skincare ingredient of 2015 and works great for anti-ageing and skin softening. It is rich in amino acids which help stimulate collagen production.





Texture: I would rate this cream to be quite heavy duty – perfect for winter or drier months. I’m pretty exposed to airconditioned rooms for long periods of time (weekdays in the office) so my skin tends to get a little dry. I apply this every night before I sleep. Not in the morning though because I’m afraid it would be too heavy under my makeup. This cream works great on top of my Hada Labo SHA Lotion. If you do not want to apply it everyday, you can apply it whenever you feel your skins needs an extra boost, or if you have been neglecting your skin lately (oh dear!).

Packaging: This comes in a screw top plastic jar. No spatula or spoon provided. Might seem a little unhygienic. But the consistency of the cream is such that application is not messy.

Moisturising: Very moisturising. Does not make my face shiny! Just a natural glow.

Smell: Floral scent (as expected from an orchid cream), not overpowering (it is the last ingredient in the list). Glad that the fragrance is from Jeju Orchid Extract and not artificial.

Value for money: It is quite a large jar (50ml) and I bought it from Seoul, South Korea for only SGD$31. Strangely, it is slightly cheaper on Qoo10 at $30.50!!

Repurchase: Yes, but I think a jar can last me ages.



Previous
Next Post »